Well, the last episode had some gremlins doing a number with CC’s voice. And there is actually now a “missing episode” of Cast of Dads that never even made it to production…the same gremlins were at play. But we recorded Episode #35 “For the Love of Thighs and Breasts“ just in time for Thanksgiving. So first of all, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, especially those around the world who may be away from their families during the holidays. A special wish goes out to the men and women of the Armed Forces who may be away from their friends and family this holiday season.
Note: we are always looking for sponsors! If you would like to sponsor an individual episode or a series of episodes, please do let us know.
We are trying to implement a tiny bit more structure in our podcast but still keep the fluid nature of the conversation flow. But listen for 3 new topics:
- Parent Tip – we are 5 dads with a bunch of parenting tips so we will highlight noteworthy ones in the podcast
- News Article of Interest – every week, we will select a news article that is relevant to parenting and discuss it
- Gadget of the Week – since we are all a bit geeky, we want to highlight some cool gadgets we have played with
You will have to listen to the podcast to get the details!
Here are the topics we covered in Episode 35:
- Thanksgiving Plans
- Larry turkeys
- Dangers of deep frying turkeys video
- Effervescent Bacon Drink Tablets
- The primal urge to fry everything
- Putting beer in pill capsules?
- Four Loko
- Yuengling Lite
- Teaching kids to be responsible drinkers
- Getting 16 year olds sick from smoking cigars
- Forbidden Fruits & Catholic School Girls
- Turns out the Brad grew up in Footloose
- Legalization of marijuana
- Positive effects of casinos
- Pedophile guide on Amazon
- Microsoft Kinect
- Xbox going for the living room
- Apple TV
- Death of Roku?
- Hulu Plus
- Sony Internet TV
- Traveling With Kids Advice from Max’s Wife
If you have questions or ideas for topics that you would like us to cover (remember, between all of us we have 13 children ranging from newborns to young adults), just send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us at @CastofDads! Also, our podcast listener base is growing! If you are interested in sponsoring our podcast for an episode or a month, be sure to contact us!
Cast of Dads is a group of podcasting and blogging dads who gather to gab about fatherhood. The cast of dads includes C.C. Chapman , Jeffrey Sass , Max Kalehoff , Michael Sheehan , and Brad Powell, who collectively represent 13 kids from the youngest of babies to full grown adults. Each of them brings a unique perspective to being a father.
HTD says: Hope that everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!