Brand, Vendor or PR Firm?
Are you a Software or Hardware vendor or a technology PR firm? If so, you probably know that Articles and Reviews written on blogs now go a lot further than advertising. Here is one article that flat out states “Blogs influence purchases more than social sites.” The article goes on to discuss how blogs create conversations as well as trusted resources that influence the purchase decision. Accoring to a JupiterResearch study, “consumers are influenced by blogs at the moment of purchase decision.”
To that end, if you are interested in having your Software or Gadget reviewed by someone who takes the time to say something different and unique about it, then you have come to the right place. I am a Technologist at heart, so much so, my wife calls technology, “the other woman.” As you have found my blog, you can see that I’m driven to provide insight, tips and tricks, and other commentary about a variety of subjects. My day job as Technology Evangelist for GoGrid allows me to dive more deeply into the Enterprise, Web 2.0 and other business, especially with a focus on Cloud Computing. I author the GoGrid blog as well.
Are you are cutting edge company or brand, or a PR firm that represents one? I am currently accepting month-long (or longer) sponsorships of HighTechDad.com to prominently place your brand within a unique and growing audience. I will work with you and/or your brand to place relevant ads and non-content mentions to give your products increased exposure.
How To Engage With Me
If you are interested in HighTechDad (HTD) reviewing your product or Sponsoring HighTechDad.com, please fill out the form below as completely as possible. I get many requests so please be sure that your information is accurate and compelling, and your product is cutting-edge, helpful and/or FUN!
Product Sample Return Policy
Apart from the tiny amount of advertising revenue I receive from this blog, I receive no financial compensation for these articles. I do this solely because of my fascination of technology…which verges on an addiction. To that end, my policy is that any samples that are sent to me, remain in my possession. There are extreme cases where I make an exception to this policy, but for the most part, this levels the playing field for everyone.
It takes time to write an intelligent review, I spend on average a few hours writing it, plus the time it takes to take product shots, and evaluating the product itself. Finding time to do this is difficult so the compensation I receive is frequently only in the form of keeping the product itself.
- I will provide an honest review across the board
- I will write about both positives and negatives about your hardware or software or website
- If the sample must be returned, please ensure that there is ample time for me to review it AND provide return shipping
- I will note in my review that I received the product for free, as a sample or as a “thank you for taking time to review and write” (this was only recently implemented in July 2009)
- I will NOT take monetary payment for posting a review
- I will NOT insert text into a previous review advertising your product or site for money – send me a sample and I will review it
- I will do my best to provide a timely review (especially with new product launches), however some reviews may be queued for later release or until the product is fully reviewed
More information and disclosures can be found on my About page.
Lastly, please be sure to read my “10 Ways Brands Can Work More Effectively with Top-Tier Bloggers” as there are some tips there that you might find useful and helpful.
Please fill in the following form to the best of your ability.