I’m finally getting back to testing out other opensource software. I just installed the latest version of PHPSurveyor (1.08a2) and ran into some .htaccess madness. No matter what I did, after initializing the security features (which depend on .htaccess and .htpasswd), I could not get passed the login prompt. Also, I noticed that my .htpasswd file showed my password in the clear (that isn’t very secure). So, did some searching around and found this bug that was logged. After applying the fix, the login worked fine and the .htpasswd did NOT show the password in the clear…it was encrypted.
Now that it is all installed, I plan on going back and adding some surveys for amusement. I will post some links to my blog to showcase this product. As usual…more later!