Digital Leader & Strategist
Executive with holistic approach to architecting and implementing Digital Strategies & Programs
utilizing core phases of Examination, Production, Distribution and Syndication.
Entrepreneurial Executive with Diverse Capabilities – 15+ years positioning, launching, and managing products/services via various digital initiatives; identifying & implementing proper tools and plans to maintain competitive edge with careful attention to metrics, measurement and other success factors; managing cross-functional teams on digital initiatives.
Expert Driver of Blended Digital Strategies
Expert Driver of Blended Digital Strategies – successful at driving end-to-end digital initiatives including: identifying, engaging & nurturing audiences; focusing on social media trends & new social platforms; developing ongoing training & capabilities assessments while defining/executing end-to-end strategies in content creation & editorial tactics with controlled dissemination of content through pre-identified channels.
Evangelist and Early Adopter of Emerging Technologies
Evangelist and Early Adopter of Emerging Technologies – an authentic technology storyteller and recognized influencer/evangelist who produces engaging content which generates tens of thousands of page views per month across multiple online media properties.
Core Competencies & Skills
Social Media Strategy
Senior Manager – Content Marketing
Riverbed, San Francisco, CA | 2016-Present
Senior Manager of Content Marketing – Solutions Marketing
- Define and drive a content marketing strategy for Riverbed. Work with key content creators and stakeholders within Riverbed to drive the creation, curation, and dissemination of content that drives demand and lead generation.
- Drive social media content strategy and execution. Create engaging and valuable online content to help grow our social outreach. Build out a content plan to help increase interactions across Riverbed properties and handles.
- Conceptualize and drive execution of a thought leadership program. Work with key stakeholders across business units and field to identify content sources and key dissemination vehicles. Creatively identify topics, frequency and tone that maximizes content attractiveness and reach to help promote Riverbed’s areas of thought leadership.
- Create and maintain an editorial calendar with content themes that align to corporate initiatives, marketing campaigns, thought leadership focus areas and key industry events
Senior eCommerce Content Marketing Manager
HP Inc., Palo Alto, CA | 2015-2016
Senior eCommerce Content Marketing Manager – World Wide Marketing
Evaluated past and present content marketing strategies of various product and marketing groups in order to determine global content marketing initiatives for implementation. Identified gaps and opportunities, and presented multi-phased approaches to drive new user engagement while furthering retention of existing customers.
- Used consultative approach to examine HP.com’s online store digital content programs in order to design comprehensive strategies for engaging and converting key customer globally segments.
- Developed and presented lifestyle content digital marketing strategies, as well as editorial and copywriting initiatives, for the HP.com and eCommerce website and platform.
- Identified best practices for content creation, distribution and syndication, with a mindful eye towards reducing costs.
- Pursued and expanded upon the dynamics of the digital marketing ecosystem to extract key trends, topics and content themes to help engage and target audiences.
Journalist / Social Media Strategist
Intel Corporation, Santa Clara, CA | 2013-2015
Journalist – IntelFreePress.com / Social Media Strategist – Global Public Relations
Promoted Intel’s brand, technologies, and innovators via external publication, outside news magazines, and social media. Identified subjects and sources for technology and innovation stories/videos; conducted interviews; wrote, edited, and published articles; and distributed content. Defined social media strategies for key corporate events and activities as related to news distribution and evangelism.
- Uncovered unique, compelling stories regarding Intel technology, many of which were published, syndicated or sourced by third parties and news organizations.
- Played pivotal role in increasing Intel’s social media reach and its potential audience while strategically engaging in social and content storytelling.
- Cultivated strong relationships internally and externally with subject matter experts and other sources.
- Analyzed social and web metrics to identify new audiences and trends which resulted in developing content and creating/refining social strategies.
GoGrid, LLC, San Francisco, CA | 2007-2013
Technology Evangelist – Marketing
Defined social and content strategy associated with company’s launch of cloud infrastructure product/division. Directed creation of essential corporate and product messaging, positioning, and content internally and within public domain. Planned targeted content campaigns within cloud and Big Data space to drive leads and increase awareness. Served as corporate communications spokesperson for PR and media/analyst relations.
- Defined, gained C-level buy-in on, and provided training to executives on content, social media and digital strategies; established GoGrid’s blogging and social media presences, conceiving of and launching corporate blogging environment.
- Positioned GoGrid as leader in cloud infrastructure space, creating and socializing written/video content related to GoGrid and the cloud, driving company’s Klout score from 0 to 78, and earning numerous personal “cloud expert” recognitions in process.
- Presented business case for company’s investment in iPhone application designed to control the company’s IaaS product remotely via the API; led product design/development; managed budget, timeline, and developers; and set implementation and management strategy.
- Created and delivered thought-leadership content – including articles, white papers, webinars, videos, and presentations – within cloud computing community and to prospective enterprise clients.
- Implemented multi-department content creation program to broaden company voices publicly, reach new audiences, and increase breadth of product and industry content via written articles and video content.
GoGrid Marketing MVP, 2012
Top 100 Cloud Experts on Twitter, Huffington Post Tech
Top 50 Blogger on Cloud Computing, SYS-CON
Top 50 Cloud Computing Twitter Influencers, SAP
25 Most Influential People Tweeting About Cloud Computing, TheNextWeb.com
Founder / Owner / Writer
HighTechDad.com, Walnut Creek, CA | 1994-Present
Founder / Owner / Writer
Built known personal brand; cultivated strong web, social media, and content presence; served as digital influencer and ambassador for many leading brands. Dissected and disseminated core value and characteristics of relevant technologies, providing written/video hardware and software reviews, how-to articles, technology tips, social media opinions, and more, with a focus on technology within the family environment.
- Selected to participate in multiple programs by leading brands, including Sony (DigiDad Project), Microsoft (Real Life Stories), Intel (Upgrade Your Life and Advisors Program), AT&T (Lose the Laptop and Lifestyle Tips), Trend Micro (The Digital Joneses), IBM (Digital Influencers Program) and NETGEAR (Ambassador program).
- Freelanced for online and print publications produced by AT&T, CDW, IBM, and others.
- Ran consultancy providing clients with marketing, social media, and content strategy, as well as website design.
100K+ Pageviews monthly
5M+ YouTube channel views
Top 50 Dad Blogs, 2012 – Babble.com
Top 25 Dad Blogs, 2011 – Cision.com
Top 50 Dad Blogs, 2011 – Babble.com
Top 10 Fatherhood Blogs, 2010 – Cision.com
Director of Engineering Services
eWork, Inc., San Francisco, CA | 1999-2007
Director of Engineering Services
Progressed rapidly, managing multiple teams and assuming increasingly greater responsibility. Responded to RFPs/RFIs from Fortune 500 companies; managed all aspects of requirements gathering, design specification, product definition and installation, quality assurance, and training. Led technical sales discussions and demonstrations.
- Managed key accounts including Cap Gemini, Ochsner, and Broadlane, which represented 80%+ of company revenue.
- Wrote MRDs and PDDs for first corporate enterprise product offering and oversaw successful product and feature implementations.
- Streamlined work process by combining QA and Customer Support teams and developed and implemented solution to address internal workflow problems.
- Recognized need for and implemented corporate help desk and corporate intranet for procedures and documentation.
- Directed launch of partnerships with Microsoft, WebEx, and other third-party portal/service sites.
Served previously as Client Services Manager, Program Manager, and Partnership Implementation Manager
Insurquote Systems, Inc., San Francisco, CA – Account Manager / Sales Engineer
USWeb (MarchFirst/CKS)., Sausalito, CA – Account Executive / Online Marketing Specialist
ACP Interactive, San Francisco, CA – Product Manager
MCI Telecommunications, San Francisco, CA – Assistant Marketing Communications Manager
The Canadian Center, Madrid, Spain – English Teacher
Education, Training & Skills
Education & Training
B.A., English and Comparative Literature
Occidental College, Los Angeles, CA
Minors in Spanish and Studio Art
Studied abroad in Madrid, Spain
Marketing Certificate Program
UC Berkeley Extension, San Francisco, CA
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Apple iWork (Keynote, Pages, Numbers)
- Google Docs (Sheets, Docs, Slides)