I can’t believe that I have been blogging for (only) two years. Tomorrow will be the 2 year anniversary of this incredibly information-filled post. I think that I have progressed a lot with the quality of my posts. Blogging has really become a passion for me, as I tried to quickly articulate on Blog Action Day but it goes further back than that. I really have one major goal in mind when I blog, to provide some type of information to someone that can help them in some way. In fact, my 2nd blog post was a tip on how to fix a printing issue with HTML emails.
I haven’t really taken the time to analyze my blog stats or anything so I guess that now is as good of a time as any to do so. It seems that I installed Google Analytics in September 22nd, 2006, so I have almost a full year without stats. But I DO have a full year with stats, however, Google seems much lower than other stats I have (e.g., from StatCounter.com and the WP-Stats plugin). Not that anyone is really interested or not but here are some tidbits of stats:
- 149 Posts
- 224 Comments
- 100 Comment Posters
- 45,512 Unique Visits (Google)
- 63,419 Unique visitor Pageviews (Google) BUT 220,439 views counted (wp-stats)
- 87.93% of visitors are New (Google)
- Most users ever simultaneously hitting my site: 72 on Sept 24, 2007@ 9:42 PM – because of three timely posts: #1, #2 and #3.
- 112.10 Visits Per day (Google)
- Top Pages:
- Windows Update Error 80234003 – 8,878 views (Google) but page shows 21,490 views (wp-stats)
- Master Browser/Event ID 8003 errors – 5,174 views (Google) / 10,729 views (wp-stats)
- Most Commented:
The good news is, my site is starting to trend up in volume as more and more people are discovering it. This snapshot from Google Analytics tells a good story:
Statcounter shows my year to date trending pretty well as well (note that this stat was taken the 2nd day of November to Nov. stats are low):
Anyway, thought that I would toot my own horn here. 2 years is a pretty long time. I think I will have many more to come and hopefully my posts will become even more informative, useful and refined as time progresses.
HTD says: Thanks for reading!